It's funny sometimes the way things work; you begin to ponder something and the world steps up to prove you wrong. After spending hours wallowing in feelings of isolation and inability to connect at all with anyone, a day or two later I'm sought out by a classmate whom I had quietly harbored respect for and invited to study over coffee. We didn't go for coffee, but we talked. We really talked, too.
I found in this person a fellow stuffed animal! Only instead of whimpering confusedly about the loneliness, he sits above the pack-animal humans dipping down where he chooses and working them-- Honesty is important to me. I try and act on my impulses when at all possible, because I see that as personal honesty. I rarely lie. So I have conflicting desires about putting on a facade or hiding away parts of myself. But perhaps it's necessary for an adequate social identity in a world full of selfish stupid things.
Ahhh! And then something truly amazing!! But I don't have time now.
I found in this person a fellow stuffed animal! Only instead of whimpering confusedly about the loneliness, he sits above the pack-animal humans dipping down where he chooses and working them-- Honesty is important to me. I try and act on my impulses when at all possible, because I see that as personal honesty. I rarely lie. So I have conflicting desires about putting on a facade or hiding away parts of myself. But perhaps it's necessary for an adequate social identity in a world full of selfish stupid things.
Ahhh! And then something truly amazing!! But I don't have time now.
No comments:
Post a Comment